Regular Tacos…No Way! How About A Taco Bowl?!
So maybe it isn’t the best picture in the world, but this is a homemade taco-bowl. I didn’t spend that lovely $10-15 on that “as soon on tv” pan, or spend the money to buy them premade. And the best parts about making them at home is that they will be healthier (normally if you buy these they are fried) and you can really make them out of any wrap flavor you want! Plus to make the shells it only takes about 10 minutes per set! All you need is a muffin tin and you are good to go!
Once you make your bowl you can fill it with whatever you like! I personally prefer rice, beans, red onions, lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream. But that is just me go wild!Ingredients: Soft shell tortilla wrap (burrito size) Cooking Spray Your favorite seasonings (I used Adobo) Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take a tortilla shell and lightly spray one side with your cooking spray. Sprinkle you seasoning onto the side with adobo (it’s a Goya product that has salt pepper, garlic, and magical goodness in a bottle) or whatever spice you like.
3. Turn your muffin tin upside down and place your tortillas sprayed side out into each crevice. Make sure that you flatten the bottoms out so that you can fill it as much as possible. They will look like the picture below.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until you notice that they feel firm. You must keep an eye on them because the edges can start turning dark brown. Once you touch the raised part and see that they are firm remove from the oven.
5. Let cool for 5 Minutes. They will continue to harden as they cool.
6. Fill with your favorite fillings and enjoy!
Posted on June 24, 2014, in Entree, Recipes and tagged baking, home made tortilla bowl, homemade dinner, homemade tacobowl, recipe, tasty, tortilla bowl recipe, yummy. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.