A Quick, Easy and Tasty Lo Mein Recipe
I love baking tasty treats but sometimes I like to branch out and make a nice tasty dinner. Weekends are my time to experiment and try baking new things (can you say flourless chocolate torte?…coming soon 🙂 ) but during the week I have a lot less time especially after working all day. That is why I really enjoy making this recipe, it has shortcuts that make life easier. At my grocer they have these bags of “coleslaw” mix right next to these bags of salad. Make sure you look for it, it is easy to just walk passed it. If you are not as lucky then really you just need to shred up some cabbage and lettuce for this. If you can’t find endives you can omit them, I just like to use them for a little extra flavor. And the best part of this recipe? You can add your favorite vegetables and really make it your own. I like to add water chestnut, bamboo shoots, and baby carrots but add what you like! This is just the basic recipe that you can use and adapt.
~Happy Cooking~Ingredients 1 lb shrimp 1 Tbsp cooking oil 1 medium onion chopped 1 bag of cabbage/carrot coleslaw mix 1 box linguine 1-2 Endives (*additional vegetable if desired) Sauce pinch red pepper flakes pinch garlic powder 3 Tbsp soy sauce 1/3 cup water 1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Set aside. Start boiling water for pasta. Cook pasta until tender.
2. In a small bowl stir together the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
3. Pour oil into pan and stir fry onion for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until they turn opaque. Remove from pan.
4. Stir sauce and add to pan till it starts to bubble. Add the ¾ cabbage bag, diced endive and any other vegetables you like, just make sure that you add more of the “sauce” if you need to. Cook the vegetables until they are tender.
5. Once done add the linguine to the pan and mix together.
6. Eat and enjoy.
Posted on January 28, 2014, in Entree, Recipes and tagged easy lo mein recipe, easy to make lo mein, homemade lo mein, lo mein, lo mein recipe, quick dinner, tasty. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.