Mouth Watering Cream Cheese Pecan Pie
Cream Cheese Pecan Pie…I can say I never heard of it until a few weeks ago. My friend Jeff mentioned that when he was younger his grandmother used to make this for him on the holidays. After we talked for a bit about it I decided to go ahead and try baking this pie. Now, let me explain I bake cupcakes and cake, pie was out of my comfort zone but I really wanted to make it so that I could bring him a slice. Little did I know that this would quickly become my favorite pie to eat and the first official pie that I would ever make. I did take the easy way out and used pre-made pie crusts, but one step at a time. It is nerve wrecking enough to know that you are venturing into unfamiliar water. Drama aside this recipe was actually very easy to make and very tasty. While the pie was cooling I also made a dulce de leche (A tasty caramel) whipped topping to go on top. It was a really good compliment to the pie (Dulce de leche whipped topping recipe coming soon). Oh and by the way this is another toaster oven friendly recipe!!!
~Happy Baking~Ingredients 1- 9 inch pie crust 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.) 1 egg (for filling) 3/4 cup sugar (for filling) 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans 1 eggs beaten 1 cup light corn syrup 1/4 cup sugar (for pecan layer)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take your pie pan and lightly spray it with PAM. This is very important so that your crust will not stick to the pan. Place your dough into the pan and crimp the edges.
3. In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cups of sugar, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients until they are nice and smooth. You do not want any chunks of cream cheese in your batter.
4. Pour the batter into the unbaked pie crust.
5. Pour your pecans over the top of your batter. Make you have a nice even layer.
6. In a separate bowl combine 1 cup of light corn syrup, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well.
7. Pour this over the pecan layer. Place the pie on the lower rack of your oven, or place into your toaster oven.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is firm. If you notice that the top of the pie is becoming darker than you like, just cover it with aluminum foil.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on your counter. Once it has cooled refrigerate it for at least an hour. This pie is best served chilled. Top with your favorite whipped topping or with a side of ice cream.
Posted on January 7, 2014, in Desserts, Recipes and tagged cream cheese pecan pie, cream cheese pecan pie recipe, Dessert, dessert recipe, easy pecan pie, peacan pie made from cream cheese, pecan pie, pecan pie recipe, pie recipe, quick pecan pie, toaster oven friendly. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.