Top 5 Reasons to Exercise
Being physically active has many benefits other than just making you look and feel great. Everyone has there reasons for starting to workout but here are some proven benefits.
1. The most obvious benefit is that it helps you lose weight. By increasing your level of activity through out the day you can maintain your weight and even begin to lose weight. You can reap these rewards without having to go to the gym for hours. If you can hit the gym that is great but by increasing you activity through out the day you will see results. You can begin by working toward that 10,000 steps a day, working out through commercials, or adding a full workout into your day. It doesn’t really matter how you start, all that matters is that you do.
2. Exercise helps improve your mood! Ever have a horrible day and just need a way to vent? Exercise! Go for a jog, put music on and dance, or lift some weights. Working out can seriously make all the frustration melt away and there is science behind it too. By increasing your physical activity is stimulates all these chemicals in your brain that make you feel relaxed and in fact a little happier. Not only that but it will make you feel better about your appearance, which leads to improved self-esteem, which leads to a happier you.
3. Need an energy boost? Exercise. The science behind this is that exercise sends more oxygen and nutrients to your body. This helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, meaning a healthier heart and lungs. This also means better stamina so things that you did before will become easier to do. You won’t be as winded running up stairs.
4. It combats certain health conditions. As I mentioned before exercising helps your cardiovascular system. Regular physical activity helps manage or maintain additional health conditions such as stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain cancers, and arthritis. By working out you can help reduce your risk for these conditions.
5. Exercise can be fun. You don’t have to sign up for a gym. Yes, a gym membership is great but it is not for everyone. There are tons of different ways that you can increase your activity level without having to go to the gym. Jogging is my personal favorite but you can find something that makes you happy. You can join a team or league, you can set aside an hour to turn up the music and dance around your house, you can find exercise games for gaming consoles, the possibilities are endless. You can even set up a walking session with your friend and catch up as you walk. In other words find something that you enjoy and you will find that it will be easier to stick to it.
~Just keep moving!~
Posted on December 14, 2013, in Fitness, Motivation and tagged Exercise, exercise inspiration, exercise motivation, exercising, fitness, fitness motivation, get moving, Health, healthy, healthy heart, healthy mind, Motivation, Physical exercise, Weight loss, work out, working out. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.